Sunday, March 05, 2006

Falling in Love

Falling in love is very different from falling from a height. I’ve tried both. The latter one is a lot painful.... physically. Love on the other hand hurts you in ways, which can’t be described. The thing is the repercussion of falling in love is felt a little late. What I’m talking about here is the dreaded word relation. For me relation just had one definition- next of kin. I was so wrong.

So as you might have guessed I’ve had my share of relationships but lemme tell you the other party instigated most of’em. Take my last fling for example; I never liked her. I mean who would like an obsolete piece of hardware- you know what I mean. But I went with it nevertheless, call it peer pressure or whatever but the fact that everyone had one and I didn’t was reason enough for me to settle for a substandard piece of equipment. So I had to be satisfied with what I had. Let me tell you it’s easier said than done. There were many ups and downs and I was never happy with the way things were turning out. It was getting increasingly difficult to get rid of her. I had to stoop real low and do some nasty things (luckily my conscience didn’t kick me while I was at it) to get her outta my life. But every time I did something I thought was despicable enough for her to leave me it came back ten fold and I had to bend over backwards to rectify it. And then finally when I had lost all hope the inevitable happened, we got separated. It was bound to happen. How can you hold on to something you don’t like? Even the crappy lines “when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it” made sense. And this is from a book that is so dumb that it has got nothing to do with its title-“ The Alchemist”. But that’s beside the point and needs a whole new line of discussions to get cleared out.

As I’ve said before I was never happy with my love life, cos I had my eyes on someone else. I remember the first time I touched her. It was kind of an accidental brush but man am I glad that it happened. Now I’ve laid my hands on a lot of bodies but this…this was something different (and in a good way) and I knew at once that I had to have her. But like always there was a problem, she was already involved. This didn’t go down too well with me and I couldn’t help but try to kick myself where it would hurt the most (which btw would require some serious skills) for not going for her first. But as fate would have it I was now in a position to approach her, you know being single and all. Ok, so she wasn’t exactly available but that didn’t stop me. I pledged to leave no stone unturned until I had got my hands on her. Then one fine day I got the big news….she was no longer seeing her guy. This was my chance. It was now or never. I mustered up all my courage and finally gave a call……..the answer was affirmative.

So here I was, finally holding her in my arms. And as I looked back in retrospect I realized the amount of shit I had to go through to get to this stage and you know what it’s totally worth it. The fact that some other dude had used her for so long didn’t seem to bother me anymore. When you’re in love you don’t give a damn about the previous set of hands in which your object of affection has been. You just know that now it yours and you don’t wanna die thinking of what the previous one might have done. I just kept staring at her. She was mine at last…….a NOKIA 6600 my new cell phone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss M said...

hahahhahahhaha!

Soham! Amazing piece of writing man! LOL...laughed like crazy after reading this onE!!

And still laughing.....hahaha..

-medha

10:59 PM  
Blogger Soham said...

Hey thanks....
Whtever i've written is true btw (in whichever way u want interpret it.
I'm soundin as if i've written a deeply layered piece...trust me it's not. Wht you see is wht u get.
Neway thks again.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home