Friday, February 01, 2008

Kicks, nuts and the adverbs in between...

Life has this habit of kicking you in the nuts just to make sure you've still got em. And it hurts every fuckin time. The last couple of occasions happened in quick succession with the result of CAT and SNAP being declared with very few days in between. I hadn't completely recovered from the first when the second happened. And experienced individuals would know, the second one hurts a lot more than the first. It's like being struck with a tennis ball followed by a medicine ball. And because i was sure (read: cocky) enough to assume that i would ace the SNAP test i let the dates of CET pass by. Procrastination works when you know your gonna do the work "some day". Well i did the entire work, from getting the form to filling up fucked up formalities associated with it (like what kind of INDIAN citizen i am) a few hours before the deadline. I was ecstatic. As if filling up the form guaranteed my admission in one of the premium B-Schools offered. I had to take a day off from office to do so which only later did i realize was gonna materialize as the 3'rd "kick in the nuts" for me in a months time.
A lil bit of info about my job is required at this stage. I work for Lufthansa Airlines. One of the biggest European airlines with its HQ at Frankfurt, Germany. Our onsite thus is Frankfurt and is on rotational basis. Only one of us is made to go there for a period of three months to work. And Feb-April could have been my turn to go. Now i've been working with this guy (3 yrs senior to me) for a month now on some project. And it hasn't been amongst my best times in Hexaware. Clearly we both have issues..which is to say i hate his guts and i would assume so does he. This dude (read: fucker) went on a 11 days holiday to his native place and gave me a pile of work which he was supposed to do. I finished 2/3 of it when he came back. He then gave me some more which i didn't find very amusing. And i started slacking. The day i took that aforementioned leave was the day he sent me a mail asking me to complete all the work he had given in 2 days. Which i read the next day losing one day in between. I somehow tried to complete that days quota but made some mistakes. Now everybody makes mistakes right. But it seems i'm not allowed to...atleast when i'm working with him. That mistake was followed by an one hr lecture where he labeled me "insincere, flamboyant and the weakest link in the group". And proceeded to shock me by saying that i wasn't the one going to Frankfurt but it was this other guy from my batch. It seems "they think i'm a slacker, that i don't do my job with sincerity and that i'm very irresponsible". He forgot to mention who "they" were. But apparently "they" talk a lot behind my back. If i'm to assume that my manager is the one who said all those things i would be rather shocked. Cos i don't think an 'irresponsible' person can be made the mentor of a new batch of joinees. My manager gave me this 'responsibility' and thus i assume there is some amount of trust involved between us. And so it won't come as a surprise if my manager was not the only one involved in making the decision to send the next guy. Also the fact that this project i'm doing with this guy(lets call him an asshole now) will take another month to complete and that sending me would mean shit loads of work for that guy alone works towards my case..that is if i have any. Anybody can do the math on this one. It isn't hard to contemplate his act...assholes are always closer than they appear. But then labeling someone doesn't make things less painful. Else he would have been SO happy.

And this is where i would like to add a crappy song by Bryan Adams.
Here I am.
This is me.
There's no where else on earth "he'd rather let me be"
Here i am.
It's me and you.
Tonight we'll make "his" dreams come true.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, this senior of yours does sound like a big time idiot!

Well, now that all this is done, all you can do is prove him wrong by working harder, which i know you have been doing from day one. But since "they" are talking behind your back, you need to shut "them" up.

And as far going to Germany is concerned,im sure you were looking forward to it but i am also SURE there are going to be MUCH MORE better opporutnities in future. :) So pleeeeaaase cheer up k :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Shruti said...

REALLLLYY... this guy ia a big time asshole!!!!
Don't bother urself with people like 'they' and this manager of yours. Remember these things are temporary,if you end up attaching yourself to the situation,you'll only get some more head screwed up with unnecessary stuff.

And hey! you dint tell me anything about this trip to frankfurt.

cheer up. :)

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't bother what people say abt u!!
Even if u put u r best, there will be someone one to find mistakes.
and always remember whatever happens, happen for good.
be optimistic!!
see no one like to see u sad, So
keep cheering-:)

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home