Wednesday, August 20, 2008

close encounter of the 'third' kind

As i went down to the basement to do my weekly laundry i found a fat american guy already using both the machines. I thought i'll wait till he gets done. This is what ensued:

Fat American Guy: Heyy there!

Me: Hi

Fat American Guy: I'm using both the machines. I have to wash my khakhis and shirts in one and my underwear and socks in the other one. I'll be done soon

Me: Ok.

Fat American Guy : My name is.....

Me: Hi i'm Soham

Fat American Guy : So.... (looks at my shorts) what do you do So-ham

Me: (a lil perturbed) i work for Lufthansa (didnt know what else to say)

Fat American Guy : Oh great! I work for North West Airlines. Just moved in to this hotel a few days back. Man...they dont even give a basket for carrying your laundry.
.
.
.
5 mins later
And i'm sitting here on a 4'th of july weekend doing my laundry while my friends are having a drinking binge.

Me: i know how it feels to be away from friends.


As i move around the small room his eyes make a locus of pts arnd and below my waist line.

Fat American Guy : So do you have a girl friend So-ham?

Thinking i have to make sure he doesnt get me wrong...or right..whichever way you see it.

Me : Oh yeah..i've been seeing someone for quite some time now.

Fat American Guy : Is she here with you now?

Me: No she lives in Australia

Fat American Guy : Ohh...a long distance relationship huh! It must be so HARD for you to stay celibate at this age.

Me: Yup. (then suddenly correcting myself )
Well i have to. I have to respect the relationship...i mean she is probably going through the same pains i'm going through.

Fat American Guy : She is a lucky girl.

Me: ( ohh kayyyy) Are u gonna sit here till your laundry is done?

Fat American Guy : Yeah i have nothing better to do. What are you doing tonight?

Me: Ohh i'm going out with this friend of mine. We are going out for dinner.

Fat American Guy : A guy friend?

Me : No a girl.

Fat American Guy : Oh ok. Good. ( with a nod which makes the "good" sound more like a "hmmmm" )

Looks at my shorts again

Me : Listen i have some stuff to attend to. I'll leave my clothes here and come back in some time. Even you'll be done by then

Fat American Guy : Nonsense my friend. Mine is almost done...look that one has already finished.

He goes over and takes out his clothes from one of the washers. I go upto the washing machine to load my clothes and my undies fall off from the sides. He picks it up..not with 2 fingers that i would've have probably used to pick up someone else's used undies if i had tried to pick any in the first place, but by grabbing it in a tight clenched fist, as if unwilling to let go.

Me: Thanks.

Fat American Guy : **SMILES**

I quickly fill in my laundry..making sure nothing falls this time.

Me: Ok gotta go. It was a pleas...it was nice meeting u.

The guy takes my hand into his. Holds it like i wud've held M's and says...

Fat American Guy: Will see you around then.


I ran to my room and called up M. Cudnt get through. Then i called B...told her abt my 'encounter' and then i called M and told her the same thing. Switched on the TV and saw naked girls play sports ... and i was cleansed again.



p.s.
Please abbreviate Fat American Guy for full effect.





4 Comments:

Blogger Miss M said...

Hehehehehehe!

Awwww. Yes yes i remember this incident very clearly.

tch tch.. soham, you are like stealing all the men re! What is this! All the girls are going to get soo jealous of you now!

lol! :P

Also, reallyy good to see that you are *very* loyal! ;)
hehe :)

11:30 AM  
Blogger DewdropDream said...

Did we girls not have enough competition already that even men enter the arena now???!!!! :P

I'm surpised fat amru guy did not give you a minute account of his daily routine, specially ablutions... that seems to be the norm with you guys, no?? :D :P

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ miss : maybe u didnt get the fine print my dear..it says..Fat.American.Guy .. i'm stealing guys from ..ermm..guys :P

@ Dew : ohh he was about to..somehow
i changed the topic. Fat naked guys in the shower...not my thing yaar. As a matter of fact i like the complete opposite ;)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you mean think fully-covered gals??!

damn mister!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home